How Fiber Optic Illuminated Art Displays Are Made
Your exclusive source for custom made illuminated art.
1) We take the panoramic print that you selected and insert over 150 “points of light” in the most visible street lights, bridges and landmarks. Special requests for light placement are welcome. Note: These are not “back-lit”.
2) Each individual fiber optic strand is measured, cut, seared over an “open flame" and then carefully hand-woven into your picture.
3) A tri-color plug in illuminator generates the light which travels through the strands. Creating “points of light” that change colors. Your display works with one light bulb.
4) The components are hand mounted in a black wood frame. Frames have an enamel finish with tempered glass. Outside dimensions are 37" x 13" x 4'' and weighs 17 lbs. Custom colors and stained wood frames are also offered.
5) The display runs on standard 120 V AC. A “Hangman” wall mounting kit is available. You can purchase one in the cart.
6) We offer larger sizes and free estimates for custom sizes. If you have a special print that you want illuminated with fiber optics contact us.
Designed and built to be enjoyed for a lifetime. As seen on The
Price Is Right and by Sunset, Good Housekeeping, O and Seattle Home
and Design magazines.
Remember, your display comes with a 30-day "Money Back
City Skylines Are the "Picture Perfect" Gift -- Gift certificates available!